30/10/2013

Self-examination of Project 1

  When Joe said the word "human being" to me, my mind was empty. Before, I treated my design as the package design. Now, I realize and find the reason why I always feel my design is lack of love.
  "Love" is a corny word which appeared in most movies, songs and literary works. However, it is wonderful and moving. My professor Haibing, she loves a British poet whose name is Landor.

Dying Speech of an Old Philosopher
by W.S. Landor
I strove with none for none was worth my strife;
Nature I loved, and, next to nature, art
I warm'd both hands before the fire of life;
It sinks, and I am ready to depart.

  Think carefully about the space and humanistic care, I want to describe a condition. As a designer, if I want to design a kitchen, I should image my feeling, mood and mind when I cook at the kitchen. What do I want eat today? Is Mussel soup with Chinese watermelon OK ? How long does it take to heat the pot? Is the sink user-friendly? Where can I get the salt?
  This is the situation how "human being" affects our design.

  A2 boards, I did them terribly. I should have clear logic to do my boards and show my ideas, such as, technical details, materials, layout and flow line of people's behaviours.

  Post-production skills. PS and V-ray.

  Although I feel upset, finding these disadvantages and mistake is good for me. If I am perfect, why do I study here? Picking up the pieces and starting over.

No comments:

Post a Comment