11/10/2013

Inspiration Comes From the Packaging Design

  About the kiosk, I think, in the beginning, my mind was a little affected by the Beth's container,because I wanted to design a different container. But, most important thing is why does the kiosk be a container?
  People usually follow the conventions and  the previous' footsteps, but I cannot agree with that. Normally, we eat noodles with bowls and use the cover to keep them warm. Actually, we also can put the noodles on cover and use the upside-down bowl to keep noodles warm. As for me, this is the design. Everything is free and everything should not have their definitions.


  Before I decided my concept, I tried different types. I love James Turrell's work‘skyspace’very much. So, maybe the kiosk can have this kind of meditation space.


  The KazuyoSejima's work enlighted me to create the kiosk with open space. But, how about the bad weather? The UK's weather is changeable!
KazuyoSejima designed this public area

  Thanks to Victoria who introduced some very useful designing websites to us, I decided to find some inspiration from other fields. Then, I treated my kiosk as a box, my design will be the packaging design. What should I do is opening my box. I searched different types of boxes, such as, cigarette box and cake box.






  Finally, the CD box enlightened me.
http://www.dezeen.com/2009/04/29/competiton-five-copies-of-designing-sustainable-packaging-to-be-won/
  I like this idea very much, because it is a flexible kiosk with open space in good weather or closed space in bad weather. Due this kind of open way, the kiosk was not keep its common shape. When it is open, people can drink coffee outside and enjoy the sunshine. Besides, the problem of where can baby carriages be put is solved. In the bad weather, such as rainy day, people can seat in the closed kiosk. 
  There are 3 units of my kiosk. Kitchen is in the central place, two sides are cafes.



  Teacher gave me some pieces of advice and next tasks:
1.When it is closed, how to expand the interior space and maximize the space?
2.When it is open,the outside space can be the kiosk's yard.
3.the shape of chairs in yard. How to store these chairs?
4.What will you offer (food and drinks)?
5.To do the food and drinks, what machines will you need?
6.How to fix wheels?
7.Electric,light,etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment