21/10/2013

Architectures Finally Come Back to Essence

  We want to organise our process step by step, but it is usually in disorder. I think I need to think about my concept and structure again.
  Yesterday, I talked with my friend who majors in Architecture. He said, utopian design was funny and when you designed something, you needed to know the structure. We compared the Beijing Galaxy SOHO which was created by Zaha Hadid with the building of CCTV (Chinese call it big underpants).  He told me Zaha's work has a cool building envelop, but her structure is more reasonable and simple than the big underpants. Besides, the Bird's Nest Stadium that was designed by Weiwei Ai and HERZOG&DEMEURON  wastes a large number of steel.
  Every famous architecture has its lethal disadvantage. About the building, it depends on what are you looking for.
  Come back to my kiosk, I analyse various kinds of boxes again with models and case studies.





  Compared with these boxes, get my conclusion.


  But, I also need to think about the realistic factors.


  I find that what I did before is not useful. The shape can be simplified or removed. The building finally comes back to its essence. I really experienced " the first thing is function." I am tried of these gaudy forms and shapes, maybe I can read some books about the minimalism.


  The sliding rail structure makes me remember the HK architect Zhiqiang Zhang. I studied his works before. He uses the sliding rail to expand his apartment which is only 32㎡. In his another famous work the "SUITCASE" at the foot of The Great Wall and product design, Treasure Box for Urban Nomads Back, also apply this method to optimise the interior space.


  You can watch the video about the smart apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment