05/11/2013

Rhythm of Curves in Galaxy SOHO and Kingkey 100

  Zaha is a world famous architect. If you are a student who majors in Architecture, it is impossible that you do not know her. As to me, I know her early. In my aesthetics course in the university, my essay even explored the relationship between Chinese aesthetician Guangqian Zhu's theory and her work, vitra fire station in German.


  Recent years, Beijing has become a experimental ground of diverse architectures. I do not like that. Therefore, when the  Galaxy SOHO finished, I did not care about that, even sniffed. However, these days, I study in her work, Galaxy SOHO in Beijing, I really want to say: Give a damn! How beautiful these lines are! I want to go Beijing to see this building now!





  Just watching cannot solve any problem. This time, I try to draw these amazing lines. It is a nice way to experience the smooth and natural curves.




  Actually, Galaxy SOHO lets me think of another commercial complex in Shenzhen, China which name is Kingkey 100 (KK100). It is a landmark of this metropolis and the skyscraper which is 8th height in the world. ( I call it chocolate pie!) Architectural company TFP and ARUP in UK designed it together. I like the feeling when I walk through the mall. 



  In KK mall, the design also uses the curve.But they are not as smooth as Galaxy SOHO, since they have some straight lines in them.






  The buildings are like the music, having the rhythm. It can be reflected in the lines!



No comments:

Post a Comment