10/11/2013

Disney, The Lord Major's Show and Use Atmosphere to Create The World You Want !

  When I stood at the front of St. Paul's Cathedral, I felt that I could not think due to the continuous rain and cold wind. "When will the Lord Major come?" I had been screaming in my heart. Oh, yes! On Saturday in London, it was The Lord Major's Show. Every year the Major of London has a big demonstration. Today, there were  21 bands, 150 horses, countless vintage cars, helicopters, robots, unicycles, dancers, beds, bathtubs, and one camel - not to mention half a million spectators. How grand demonstration was! This time was the second time in 800 years, the City of London welcomes a woman to the office of lord mayor(686th lord mayor).
             
we were waiting in the rain
come on! they are coming! so cool!
  The demonstration started around 10 am and was over about 12 am. So, it meant I stood in that harsh weather for 2 hours! At the beginning, I was excited and I cheered for the beautiful horses and Scotland music. When my hands and feet were freezing, I could not be excited like the beginning. Although, I can't help myself hailing to the soldiers,dancers and other perfumers, since they looked like very happy and they put on the show. Some perfumers just wore the short T-shirts or dresses, they were so brave! You know, the weather was really bad! 
  
dancers danced at the brisk paces with the high heel shoes
  These dancers made me think of the dancers in Disneyland who pull up to the parties. They create a wonderful fairy tale world and every visitor immerses in that world! This is the atmosphere's magic!



  Atmosphere, atmosphere, atmosphere......
  For me, it is an key point in my design. Catch the atmosphere, catch the people's hearts and create my own world. Maybe it is a fairy tale world with sweet candies which makes everyone happy, believe this is a wonderful world and can escape from the daily grind. 
  Look back to the Zaha Hadid's works, she also uses the atmosphere to creates her own kingdom. Her futuristic architectures create a cool world where people can experience the disposition of the buildings and image the future through her sharp lines or curves.
  And I want to mention a Japanese architect, Kazuyo Sejima. In her works, people can experience the tranquil atmosphere. The architectures give people the feeling of "floating", "graceful" and "light".





  Actually, think carefully,"atmosphere" is a abstract concept and it is a feeling. I cannot just follow my feeling to do my design. I need to summary some principles about the atmosphere I want.
                 






              

No comments:

Post a Comment