12/12/2013

Stretch Ideas with Corridor, Courtyard and Kitchen

  Actually, I decided my final plan. But, suddenly, I had a new idea.
  If the different spaces are staggered, each room can get the enough sunshine and good view. Then, I draw some rooms and used corridors to connect them. It was amazing about the result. The house has a flexible route and several courtyards.


  On Wed, B gave me some pieces of advice. She enlightened me to make some changes in corridor. For instance, some corridors can be wide. I can design a bench in it for people reading books. Some can be extended for children.


  And I asked a question about the status of kitchen in UK. B showed me her house. Through what she talked about, I knew kitchen is the most important place of a house. It can connect with the dining room and living room. It means kitchen is a social place in the home. When the mother is cooking, other family members can seat around the dinner table, bar table or sand at the work top. For the mothers, they are not alone. During the cooking, they can have the interesting conversation with their family members, which help the family promote the family bonds.
B's doodle
  Then, I changed the scale of kitchen, dining room and living room to make sure the dynamic place of home is the kitchen and its by-product.


No comments:

Post a Comment