10/12/2013

Plants's Will

  In my home town, there is a big square with many trees and flower-beds. When I passed by, a phenomenon drew my attention. You know, when the constructor designed this square, they defined a area for trees and grass 's growth.

  However, the grass's growth was beyond control, since it has its own will.
  This phenomenon enlightened my thinking. From my perspective, the plant has its own will. As the student of the Architecture, I think, when we design the buildings, the artificial  intervention is too much. Of course, we can intervene, but we should think about the methods.
  Based on the biological characters of plants, we can control the plants's shape and function by sunshine, water, wind, fertilizer, etc. They are more natural and scientific than just defining a place for plants which is simply.
  I hope I can find a special way of being harmonious with nature.Less artificial intervention.

No comments:

Post a Comment